Efficient Extractions in Garden Grove
When you visit Peach Dental OC, you can trust that Dr. Marianna Ibrahim and her skilled team consistently have your best interests in mind. Our driving goal is to provide you with a healthy, beautiful smile that you can admire daily. We take pride in our work's quality and strive to provide you with a streamlined, stress-free dental experience.
Whether you're dealing with a badly infected tooth or need one or more wisdom teeth removed, we have the experience, technology, and skillset to help. Our practice hosts a trusted team featuring an endodontist, oral surgeon, periodontist, orthodontist, and pediatric specialist to efficiently meet your unique needs. We can't wait to meet you and start planning your treatment, so get in touch with Peach Dental OC in Garden Grove today!
CALL US: (714) 638-7470 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Why Would I Need an Extraction?
Whenever possible, our team strives to keep your natural teeth in place to preserve your smile's structure and alignment. However, there are many reasons you may consider having one or more teeth extracted by our Garden Grove dentists. Extractions are often sought out for the following reasons:
- Irreparable damage caused by tooth decay: If you have a tooth with substantial decay that impacts the tooth's center (pulp), we might recommend an extraction to prevent the infection from spreading. One of our experienced dentists examines your tooth to see whether it can be saved with a timely root canal treatment or if extraction is best for your oral health.
- As a treatment for periodontal disease: Periodontal disease detrimentally impacts the health of your gums, jawbone, and structures supporting the teeth. Advanced gum disease can cause your tooth to become loose over time, in which case we suggest extracting it. Our periodontist discusses your options with you to help you make the best decision for your unique situation.
- Impacted teeth: Impacted teeth occur when a tooth doesn’t fully emerge above the gum line. This often happens when a tooth erupts at an angle facing another tooth and is blocked from erupting. Removing an impacted tooth can protect the alignment of your smile and prevent long-term damage to adjacent teeth.
- Overcrowded teeth: If you're considering orthodontic treatment, it may be necessary to extract one or more teeth to allow the others to realign. Leaving enough space for your teeth to shift is essential to the success of modern orthodontics.
- As a treatment for a dental emergency or accident: Should you suffer an unexpected dental accident, our focus is always on preserving your natural teeth with treatments such as crowns or bridges. If a tooth is damaged beyond repair, a dental extraction may be the best possible solution.
Removing Wisdom Teeth
When one or more wisdom teeth don't have the space they need to grow and develop, an extraction is necessary. Leaving impacted wisdom teeth in place can result in pain, infections, damage to nearby teeth, and alignment issues.
Our Garden Grove dentists and oral surgeon carefully determine the precise positioning and angles of your wisdom teeth using x-rays to see if they are impacted. After recommending extraction, our team carefully plans out every step of your surgery. Before beginning the procedure, we use anesthesia to make your experience as relaxing and comfortable as possible. Our experts carefully remove the tooth, clear the site of any debris, and gently place gauze over the area to promote healing.
Should you have any questions during your recovery, Dr. Ibrahim and her team are accessible and happy to help. We're committed to your well-being and safety at all times and strive to provide you with a healthy smile with our Garden Grove wisdom teeth extractions.
Dental Extractions FAQ
We want to provide you with all the resources and information you need to choose the best course of action for your oral health. Our team has compiled some frequently asked questions regarding extractions for your convenience.
We recommend that you set aside a full day for your surgery. After the extraction, you'll need some time to rest and recover. Our Garden Grove dentists may recommend having someone pick you up after your appointment, depending on the type of anesthesia that's used during the procedure.
Our team uses sedation to make the procedure as comfortable as possible. Following an extraction, mild to moderate pain is to be expected for a few days. We suggest eating soft foods for up to three days after your extraction. Our dentist may recommend over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications or prescribe a painkiller to minimize post-surgical discomfort. Should you experience substantial pain during your recovery, please contact our office, and we'll follow up with you as soon as possible.
Although everyone's body heals at a different pace, most patients find that they've recovered from an extraction within seven to ten days. The majority of the healing takes place within the first two days following your surgery. Try to limit physical activity as much as possible following your treatment to help with your recovery process.
Reliable Dental Extractions in Garden Grove
A dental extraction may be just what you need to preserve your dental health. Dr. Ibrahim and her team discuss your options in detail and walk you through every step of the treatment process. Whether you have a damaged, infected, or impacted tooth, we're here to help! Get in touch with Peach Dental OC in Garden Grove today so we can begin crafting your rejuvenated smile.
CALL US: (714) 638-7470 REQUEST APPOINTMENT